As President of the New Bern Woman’s Club, I invite you to explore the benefits of membership in an organization with 100+ years’ tradition of service to the community.
- Experience the satisfaction that comes from making a difference in the community—every member contributes her individual efforts. The combined force of members on the club, district, state, and national levels demonstrates strength in unity and provides the forum to make a difference where it counts.
- Become a vital part of a network of support and encouragement with women who share similar interests and concerns—fun, fellowship, and most important of all, lasting friendships based on mutual respect and shared experiences.
- Share your time and talents by supporting general club projects that focus on domestic violence awareness and prevention, being advocates for children, improving education and the arts in our community and fundraising for local non-profit organizations and charities.
- Participate in a number of diversified activities and projects by joining the Arts, Education, Conservation, Home Life, and Public Issues/International Outreach Community Service Programs.
- Volunteer for your health! Reports show that volunteers have greater longevity, higher functional ability, lower rates of depression, less incidence of heart disease and that great sense of satisfaction that comes from giving of yourself.
As I begin my tern as President of the is wonderful organization, I am as always amazed by the talent, dedication and commitment to the community that each of our members brings to the club. The theme for my presidency is “Valuing Tradition, Embracing Change” and that’s what our organization has been doing since 1905.
If this is something that appeals to you, please consider joining us as we continue our tradition of making a positive difference in the greater New Bern community through our many charitable fundraising activities and hands-on community projects.
Marcy Riordan, President
New Bern Woman’s Club